Whenever got a receipt from a shop or supermarket, would you read the content of it? As a foreigner, reading a Vietnamese receipt might have a bit effort. But in fact, it is very easy. Let’s learn how to read it by using a sample receipt from VinCommerce. 🤗
The left side is the original receipt, and the right side is its layout. We can divide it into four parts:
- Seller information
- Receipt meta
- Item list
Part 1: Seller information
- The left side is the shop’s brand name and its logo.
- The Right side is its contact information. Address and phone number.
- VinCommerce belongs to VinGroup, the biggest enterprise in Vietnam.
Part 2: Receipt meta
- HÓA ĐƠN BÁN HÀNG: bill of sale
- Ngày bán: selling date
- Quầy: the number of checkout counter
Part 3: Item list
- Mặt hàng: item
- Đơn giá: unit price
- SL: quantity
- T.Tiền: subtotal
For example, the first line address 15 packs item (peanut product), each one cost $5,000 VND, subtotal is $75,000 VND
Đậu phộng vị nước cốt dừa = Peanut flavored coconut milk
Part 4: Blance
- TỔNG TIỀN PHẢI T.TOÁN: total price for calculating
- TỔNG TIỀN ĐÃ GIẢM: discount included
- TIỀN KHÁCH TRẢ: the payment from customer
- TIỀN MẶT: pay by cash
- TIỂN TRẢ LẠI: the money should return
- Giá đã bao gồm thuế GTGT: the price is tax included
To sum up
By reading this receipt, I can quickly understand some key points:
- Time: the trade is happen at pm 14:11 on March 15th in 2019
- Location: the trade is happen at VinMart Thang Long, Cầu Giấy district, Hà Nội
- Transaction amount: the customer paid cash $500,000 VND, and the cashier return $200,000 VND.